Saturday, June 18, 2011

Speaking of.....

The song that inspired my last post is "fix me" by Ten years.  It's pretty much a summation of where I have come to over the past few months.  The line that is really the summation is, "I'm fine in the fire, I feed in the friction, I'm right where I should be. Don't try and fix me."  While I don't think I'm where I should be. I am not a fan of others trying to fix me or my family.  My wife and I have received a lot of unsolicited advice about what is happening with my son and other issues.  Don't get me wrong I appreciate people trying to help, but it does get old after a while.  I feel like I am in the fire, I am growing and learning more and more every day, I relish learning new things, it's just not always that comfortable to stretch yourself.  There is another song, (I can't for the life of me think of the title or band, so f anyone knows please let me know) which goes " I'll take the narrow road, there's a whole more to go.  Hope yours is filled with sunshine, right now that's not my road... abundant life, to many joy is to survive"  Right now my road is not filled with sunshine, but it will be someday again.  I have faith that what we are going through is a learning experience, as every trial is.  Just pray that I learn from this instead of being hardened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment